Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Bullies

Have you ever got involved in a fight or tried stopping a real fight before? I had such an unpleasant experience two years ago…
Chirp! Chirp! The chirping of birds could be heard all around the lush, green park. I was whistling a happy tune as I rode on my new bicycle. My uncle had given it to me as a birthday present. Feeling as happy as a lark, I kept urging myself to go faster.
After my fifth round around the park, I saw something that made me gasp. Stopping my bicycle, I got off to take a closer look. Not far from where I stood, two boys were beating up another younger boy! I quickly got onto my bicycle and rode closer. I realized the two boys were the notorious school bullies. The boy they were beating up was a friend of my younger brother, Timothy. I was shocked. “ That’s not the way to treat other people! I have to do something, but what ….?” I though.
Taking a deep breath, I whipped out my phone and took a few photos of the fight. Then I started to advance towards them, trying to look as stern as possible. All of the sudden, I stop as an idea popped into my head. While walking towards the bullies, I gave Timothy a wink. Then I shouted at the bullies, “  What are u doing to my brother? Stop at once or I will tell my teacher about the both of you! The two of you are in big troubles!”
That did the trick. The bullies took off in the opposite direction. I slowly took out a tissue and handed to Timothy. “Are you alright? “ I asked. Timothy was still in the daze. Using the tissue to wipe his tear-stained face, he stammered, “  I …I’m alright. Thank you for helping me. The…the bullies though I …I stole their money.”
“It’s alright. Let’s go home first. I’m sure they wouldn’t be messing around anymore,“  I reassured  him.
Ever since that experience, I have never been afraid to speak in times of trouble. You should too!

1 comment:

yu xi said...

ok. if anyone wants to know, this is a compositon,not in real life.same goes for the other one